Let’s look over the statistics for both sides ahead of the game on Matchday 35
Villarreal CF and Getafe CF face each other this Wednesday at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez in Madrid (8:30pm CEST, on LaLigaTV in the UK), corresponding to LaLiga Santander Matchday 35.
Some of the standout statistics before the game are the following:
- Villarreal beat Getafe 2-0 in their last meeting corresponding to Matchday 35 of LaLiga, in May 2008, when the Yellows were able to get their best ever finish in the top flight (second).
- Getafe haven’t lost their last four games at home to Villarreal in LaLiga (two wins and two draws), which is their best run against the Yellows at home in the top flight.
- Villarreal have won their last three away games in LaLiga, without conceding a goal and have only won once four games in a row away from home without conceding, between June and September 2007 (four).
- Gerard Moreno has scored Villarreal’s last three away goals in LaLiga in 2019/20 and it is already his best goalscoring season away from home in the top flight, with eight goals.
- José Bordalás, Getafe manager, has only won two of his last seven games facing Villarreal in every competition (one draw and four defeats), five in LaLiga and two in the Liga Smartbank, with the two wins in the top flight.
- Javi Calleja, Villarreal manager, hasn’t lost his three games in LaLiga against Getafe (two wins, one draw).