The Villarreal right back played 90 minutes and set up teammate Mitrovic’s goal vs Wales
Villarreal’s Serbian right back, Antonio Rukavina, started and played the full 90 minutes against Wales. The tie finished in a draw with goals from Gareth Bale and Mitrovic (1-1). Serbia’s goal came from a powerful header by Mitrovic after a cross from the right wing by Rukavina himself.
This match was a Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying match. Serbia are currently second in Group D behind the Republic of Ireland and ahead of Wales.
For their part, Musacchio (Argentina), Jonathan dos Santos (Mexico), Asenjo (Spain) and Sansone (Italy), did not enter the field of play in their respective national teams’ matches.
The next Yellow up to defend his country will be Cédric Bakambu, who will play for the Democratic Republic of the Congo against Guinea this afternoon (6:30pm CET).
The schedule for the Yellows on international duty is as follows (date and time in Spain):
- Saturday 12th November: Spain-Macedonia (4-0).
- Tuesday 15th November: England-Spain (9pm CET, Wembley).
- Friday 11th November: Brazil-Argentina (3-0).
- Wednesday 16th November: Argentina-Colombia (12:30am CET, Estadio San Juan del Bicentenario).
- Saturday 12th November: Wales-Serbia (1-1).
- Tuesday 15th November: Ukraine-Serbia (8:45pm CET, Oblasny SportKomplex Metalist).
- Saturday 12th November: USA-Mexico (1-2).
- Wednesday 16th November: Panama-Mexico (3:05am CET, Estadio Rommel Fernández Gutiérrez).
- Saturday 12th November: Liechtenstein-Italy (0-4).
- Tuesday 15th November: Italy-Germany (8:45pm CET, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza).
Cédric Bakambu (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Sunday 13th November: Guinea-DR Congo (6:30pm CET, Stade du 28 Septembre).