Unai Emery’s side will travel to Alicante, Hungary, Austria, France and England in pre-season
Villarreal CF now know their pre-season plans. Unai Emery’s team will travel to Alicante, Hungary, Austria, France and England during the month of preparation.
The first friendly will be against Valencia CF in Oliva (Friday, 16th July at 6:30pm CEST), and on the following Wednesday, the Yellows will travel to the Hotel La Finca de Algorfa in Alicante, ahead of a pre-season friendly against Olympique de Lyon at the Pinatar Arena on Thursday 22nd July.
On the Friday, the team will travel to Hungary to face Budapest Honvéd on the Saturday at the Bozsik Arena (9pm CEST). One day later, Villarreal will travel to Austria for a camp at the Scholss Mittersill Hotel until Friday 30th July. Once there, Emery’s side will play two friendlies against Dynamo Kyiv and Hertha Berlin.
On the following Friday, the Yellows will travel to France ahead of playing Olympique Marseille on the Saturday at the Stade Orange Vélodrome (9pm CEST). After facing the French side, they will return to Spain.
On Tuesday 3rd August, Villarreal will travel to England for two friendlies (4th and 7th August). The Yellows will then return to Spain before flying to Belfast on Tuesday 10th August for the UEFA Super Cup the following day, against Chelsea (9pm CEST).
Pre-season friendlies for Villarreal CF:
- Friday 16th July: Valencia CF vs Villarreal CF (6:30pm CEST, Oliva Nova).
- Thursday 22nd July: Olympique Lyon vs Villarreal CF (8pm CEST, Pinatar Arena).
- Saturday 24th July: Budapest Honvéd vs Villarreal CF (8pm CEST, Bozsik Arena).
- Monday 26th July: Dynamo Kyiv vs Villarreal CF (time TBC, Mittersill).
- Wednesday 28th July: Hertha Berlin vs Villarreal CF (6:15pm CEST, Mittersill).
- Saturday 31st July: Olympique Marseille vs Villarreal CF (9pm CEST, Stade Orange Vélodrome).
- Wednesday 4th August: opponent and time TBC.
- Saturday 7th August: opponent and time TBC.