Musacchio, Rukavina and Jokic will represent their respective national teams
Three Villarreal CF First Team footballers have been called up to represent their respective countries over the next few days. Musacchio, Rukavina and Jokic will be looking to pick up positive results with their national teams ahead of their qualifying matches for the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The schedule for the Yellows internationals is the following (all dates and times are CET (Spain)):
- Friday 2nd September: Argentina-Uruguay (1:30am, Malvinas Argentinas de Mendoza stadium).
- Wednesday 7th September: Venezuela-Argentina (2am, Metropolitano de Mérida stadium).
- Monday 5th September: Serbia-Republic of Ireland (8:45pm, Red Star Belgrade stadium).
- Sunday 4th September: Lithuania-Slovenia (6pm, LFF Stadium de Vilnius).
Edgar Ié will play with Portugal U21s
In addition, the Villarreal B team’s Portuguese player, Edgar Ié, has also been called up for his country’s U21 team for two European Championship qualifying matches. Edgar Ié’s match schedule is the following:
- Friday 2nd September: Portugal U21-Israel U21 (5:15pm, Capital do Móvel stadium in Paços de Ferreira).
- Tuesday 6th September: Portugal U21-Greece U21 (5:15pm, Cidade de Barcelos stadium).