Moi Gómez makes history after scoring the Yellows’ 1000th goal at the top level of Spanish football
An honour. Moi Gómez became the man to score against Granada tonight Villarreal’s 1000th goal in Primera. The Yellow Submarine finished last season with 998 goals in the top flight of Spanish football, meaning that upon scoring their second at the Estadio de la Cerámica, they reached the magic number, which is so hard to reach. After the 4-4, Villarreal have 1,002 goals in Primera.
Villarreal have played 723 games in the top flight of Spanish football, scoring 589 goals at home and 413 away.
In terms of defence, the Yellow Submarine have conceded 895 goals, 371 at home and 524 away.
Villarreal’s first goal in the top flight came from Gica Craioveanu at the Santiago Bernabéu in the 1998/99 season. Since then, players such as Gerard Escoda, Sonny Anderson, Santi Cazorla, Diego Forlán, Fabricio Fuentes, Giuseppe Rossi, Ikechukwu Uche, Bruno Soriano and Cédric Bakambu have written their names into the club’s history.
Scorers of Villarreal’s centenary goals in Primera:
- Goal 100: Gerard Escoda vs CA Osasuna.
- Goal 200: Sonny Anderson vs Racing Santander.
- Goal 300: Santi Cazorla vs Getafe CF.
- Goal 400: Diego Forlán vs CA Osasuna.
- Goal 500: Fabricio Fuentes vs Valencia CF
- Goal 600: Giuseppe Rossi vs Málaga CF.
- Goal 700: Ikechukwu Uche v Valencia CF.
- Goal 800: Bruno Soriano vs Athletic Club.
- Goal 900: Cédric Bakambu vs SD Eibar.
- Goal 1,000: Moi Gómez vs Granada CF.