Villarreal CF has a series of events planned in addition to the friendly vs CA Boca Juniors
Villarreal CF will set off this Monday night to Buenos Aires to play this Wednesday’s historic friendly match vs CA Boca Juniors at the La Bombonera stadium (9:30pm in Argentina, 2:30am in Spain). In addition to this match, the Yellow Submarine has planned a series of events, with the support and collaboration of LaLiga, for the two days on Argentinean soil.
Just after landing in Buenos Aires, the Yellows First Team Yellows squad will go on a tour to visit the city’s most emblematic places, then a few hours later they will train at the Pedro Pompillo Complex, annex to La Bombonera stadium. After training, the players will walk out on to the Boca Juniors pitch.
That evening, after the training session, a spectacular event named the #SubmarinoArgentino, will be held in the Posadas room at the Park Hyatt Hotel and will reunite a large group of former Argentinean Villarreal players. There will be a round table discussion that will be moderated by ex-Yellow, Juampi Sorín.
Then on Wednesday 2nd August, the President of Argentina, Mauricio Macri, will receive a representative group formed by the Villarreal CF Board of Directors, LaLiga and authorities at the Quinta Presidencial de Olivos. On the evening, the friendly match between CA Boca Juniors and Villarreal CF will be played at the La Bombonera stadium to celebrate the Argentinean side’s 66th league title. This match will be televised live on the television channel GOL (2:30am CEST). The Yellows return to Spain will begin as soon as the game has finished.
The activities programmed for Argentina are (Spain is five hours ahead of Argentina):
Monday 31st July:
- 11:50pm in Spain: Departure of charter flight from Valencia Airport to Internacional Ministro Pistarini de Buenos Aires Airport (Argentina).
Tuesday 1st August:
- 7:30am in Argentina: Arrival of Villarreal CF charter flight to the Internacional Ministro Pistarini de Buenos Aires Airport (Argentina) and subsequent travel to Hotel Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt.
- 11:00am in Argentina: Tour of Buenos Aires for the Villarreal CF First Team squad.
- 5:00pm in Argentina: Villarreal CF First Team training session at the Pedro Pompilio Complex, annex to the La Bombonera. After training, the Submarine players will step onto the Boca Juniors pitch.
- 7:30pm in Argentina: Round table discussion that will reunite a large group of ex Villarreal Argentinean players. The round table discussion will be moderated by ex Yellow, Juampi Sorín.
Wednesday 2nd August:
- 11:30am in Argentina: Reception with the President of Argentina, Mauricio Macri, for the Villarreal CF Board of Directors, LaLiga and authorities.
- 9:30pm in Argentina (2:30am on Thursday in Spain): Friendly match at the La Bombonera stadium between CA Boca Juniors and Villarreal CF. This match will celebrate the Argentinean side’s 66th league title and will be televised live on GOL.
Thursday 3rd August:
- 1:40am in Argentina: Departure of charter flight to Valencia Airport.
- 6:30pm in Spain: Arrival at Valencia Airport.