Spain beat Sweden (1-0) to get their ticket for next year’s World Cup
The Villarreal players representing their countries have now played their first games of the international break. The standout result saw Spain, with Pau Torres on the pitch, quality for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The defender from Vila-real started the game, playing the entire of the 90 minutes of the win against Sweden (1-0).
Boulaye Dia, Arnaut Danjuma, Aïssa Mandi and Serge Aurier also featured for their countries. The Senegalese striker played 62 minutes ouf the draw against Togo (1-1), and started the game against the Republic of the Congo (2-0). The Dutch attacker started his country’s game against Montenegro (2-2), while Mandi played the 90 minutes of the Algerian win over Djibouti (0-4). Finally, Aurier played 86 minutes of the Côte d’Ivoire’s convincing victory over Mozambique (3-0).
Samu Chukwueze and Pervis Estupiñán did not play the the opening games of Nigeria and Ecuador in the international break.
Here is the schedule for the international yellows:
Boulaye Dia (Senegal):
- Togo vs Senegal: 1-1
- Senegal vs Congo: 2-0
Arnaut Danjuma (Netherlands):
- Montenegro vs Netherlands: 2-2
- Netherlands vs Norway: Tuesday 16th November, 8:45pm, Stadion Feijenoord (Rotterdam, Netherlands).
Pervis Estupiñán (Ecuador):
- Ecuador vs Venezuela: 1-0
- Chile vs Ecuador: Wednesday 17th November, 1:15am, Estadio San Carlos de Apoquindo (Santiago, Chile).
Aïssa Mandi (Algeria):
- Djibouti 0-4 Algeria: Friday 12th November, 2pm, Cairo International Stadium (Cairo, Egypt).
- Algeria vs Burkina Faso. Tuesday 16th November, 5pm, Mustapha Tchaker Stadium (Blida, Algeria).
Samu Chukwueze (Nigeria):
- Liberia 0-2 Nigeria.
- Nigeria vs Cape Verde: Tuesday 16th November, 5pm, Teslim Balogun Stadium (Lagos, Nigeria).
Serge Aurier (Côte d’Ivoire):
- Côte d’Ivoire 0-3 Mozambique: Saturday 13th November, 8pm, General Mathieu Kerekou Friendship Stadium (Cotonou, Benin).
- Cameroon vs Côte d’Ivoire: Tuesday 16th November, 8pm, Ahmadou Ahidjo Stadium (Yaoundé, Cameroon).
Pau Torres (Spain):
- Greece 0-1 Spain.
- Spain 1-0 Sweden.