Villarreal CF and Real Betis Balompié face each other this Wednesday at the Estadio Benito Villamarín in the Andalusian capital (10pm CEST, live on Gol in Spain and LaLigaTV in the UK), on Matchday 33 of LaLiga Santander.
The following statistics stand out ahead of the game:
- Villarreal have only lost two of their last ten games against Real Betis in LaLiga (won five, drawn three), although both of them were in the Yellows' last two visits to the Benito Villamarín (2-1 in February 2018, and 2-1 against in April 2019).
- The Submarine have scored at least a goal in 14 of their last 15 visits to the Benito Villamarín in the top flight (four wins, four draws and seven defeats), a total of 21 goals, an average of 1.4 per game.
- Real Betis are hoping to win against the three sides from the Region of Valencia at home, after having won the last two league games they hosted against Valencian sides this season, 3-1 against Levante and 2-1 against Valencia.
- The Yellows have won their last two LaLiga games away from home without conceding. The last time they got three away wins with three clean sheets was in December 2017 and January 2018, all of them with a single-goal victory.
- Paco Alcácer has the chance to score in three consecutive games in LaLiga for the first time since November 2015, when he did so in four games in a row for Valencia (one of his best goalscoring runs in the league).
- Villarreal forward Carlos Bacca has been directly involved in four goals (three goals and an assist) in six games against Real Betis in LaLiga, with the last two of those goals coming as a Yellow.