The European encounter between Villarreal CF and Rangers FC has been declared as a ‘High Risk’ match. For this reason, Villarreal CF will follow instructions from the National Police and adopt a series of rules regarding the purchase of tickets and access to the Estadio de la Cerámica, with the purpose of avoiding any type of incident, before, during or after the UEFA Europa League match on Thursday 20th September (6:55pm CEST).
The measures to be taken for Villarreal CF-Rangers FC are as follows:
- Tickets will not be sold online.
- Tickets will be named and can only be purchased in Official Villarreal CF Shops. A maximum of four tickets can be purchased per person. Tickets will be identified by the full name and ID number of the buyer that will be printed on each one.
- Tickets will not be sold to people of British nationality.
- Entry to the Estadio de la Cerámica will be prohibited for away fans that have tickets or season tickets for home fan areas of the stadium. Rangers fans can only watch the match from the Away Stand.
- On match day tickets will not be sold to Rangers fans at the Ticket Offices, in turn impeding their access to them.
- Villarreal CF holds the right to exercise appropriate action on those tickets or season tickets (for home stands) that intend to be used by Rangers fans. As a result, such fans will be removed from the stadium.