Six Villarreal players have been called up by their national teams to represent their countries over the international break. Strikers Bakambu, Ünal and Bacca, and defender Rukavina will all play for their Senior national teams, while Rodrigo and Fornals have both been called up to play for Spain U21 by Manager Albert Celades.
Carlos Bacca (Colombia):
- Friday 6th October: Colombia-Paraguay. Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez stadium (Barranquilla), 1:30am in Colombia (Thursday 5th October at 6:30pm CEST).
- Wednesday 11th October: Peru-Colombia. Nacional stadium (Lima), 1:30am in Peru (Tuesday 10th October at 6:30pm CEST).
Enes Ünal (Turkey):
- Friday 6th October: Turkey-Iceland. Eskişehir New Stadium (Eskişehir), 8:45pm CEST.
- Monday 9th October: Finland-Turkey. Veritas Stadium (Turku), 8:45pm CEST.
Cédric Bakambu (DR Congo):
- Saturday 7th October: Libya-DR Congo. Estadio Mustapha Ben Jannet (Monastir), 8:45pm CEST.
Antonio Rukavina (Serbia):
- Friday 6th October: Austria-Serbia. Ernst Happel stadium (Vienna), 8:45pm CEST.
- Monday 9th October: Serbia-Georgia. FK Crvena Zvezda stadium (Belgrade), 8:45pm CEST.
Rodrigo and Fornals (Spain U21):
- Tuesday 10th October: Slovakia U21-Spain U21. The National Training Center (Poprad), 8:30pm CEST.