Villarreal U23 will play their second match in the Premier League International Cup this Wednesday against West Ham United U23. The young Yellows, managed by Igor Tasevski and Luis Arnau, are participating in this prestigious tournament and aim to go very far. In fact, just two seasons ago, the Yellow Submarine got to the final and beat PSV Eindhoven to lift the trophy.
After beating SL Benfica in the first match (3-2), the Yellows U23 face West Ham United in their next match, which will be played this Wednesday at 8pm CEST (7pm BST) at Dagenham & Redbridge FC.
The players travelling to England are:
- Goalkeepers: Diego Fuoli and Josele.
- Defenders: Juan 'Ibiza', Migue, Pau, Ramón Bueno, Genís, Roger Riera and Quintillà.
- Midfielders: Lozano, Fran Álvarez, Morlanes, Pedrito, Akale and Leandro.
- Strikers: Simón Moreno, Dalmau and Darío Poveda.
The groups for the 2017/18 competition are:
- Group A: Sparta Praha, Liverpool, Newcastle United and PSV Eindhoven.
- Group B: Hertha BSC, Legia Warsaw, Leicester City and Sunderland.
- Group C: Derby County, GNK Dinamo Zagreb, Everton and VfL Wolfsburg.
- Group D: Athletic Club Bilbao, Celtic FC, Manchester United and Swansea City.
- Group E: Arsenal, FC Bayern Munich, FC Porto and Reading.
- Group F: Villarreal CF, SL Benfica, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.
The Yellows fixtures in Group F are as follows (time in Spain):
- Wednesday 20th September: Villarreal U23-SL Benfica U23 (8pm CEST, American Express Elite Football Performance Centre).
- Wednesday 4th October: West Ham United U23-Villarreal U23 (8pm CEST, Dagenham & Redbridge).
- Tuesday 14th November: Tottenham Hotspur U23-Villarreal U23 (8pm CEST, Stevenage FC).