Villarreal CF’s preseason continues to take shape. Today, two more preseason friendly preparation matches have been confirmed for Fran Escribá’s side. The Submarine will play in the LXIII Trofeo Carranza in Cádiz on 12th and 13th August. With this, Villarreal now has four preseason friendly matches confirmed: Levante UD (30th July), Real Zaragoza (2nd August) and the Carranza Trophy (12th and 13th August). Fran Escribá’s squad will play eight friendly matches this preseason.
It should be stated that the Yellows will get back to work, after their holidays, on Monday 10th July. That morning the Submarine will have their first training session at the Villarreal CF Training Ground. In the days prior, from Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th July, the footballers will undergo the routine start of season medical tests. Fran Escribá’s side will combine training sessions at the Villarreal CF Training Ground with a stay at the El Saler (Valencia) facilities from 16th to 21st July.
Villarreal CF's preseason plan is the following:
- From Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th July: medical tests at the Villarreal CF Training Ground.
- Monday 10th July: first preseason training session at the Villarreal CF Training Ground.
- Saturday 15th July: opponent and stadium to be confirmed.
- Sunday 16th July to Friday 21st July: preseason stay at El Saler.
- Saturday 22nd July: opponent and stadium to be confirmed.
- Wednesday 26th July: opponent and stadium to be confirmed.
- Sunday 30th July: Villarreal CF-Levante UD (El Collao de Alcoi, 7pm CET).
- Wednesday 2nd August: Real Zaragoza-Villarreal CF (Municipal Pinilla de Teruel, 7pm CET).
- Sunday 6th August: Carranza Trophy.
- Saturday 12th August: Carranza Trophy.