The Villarreal CF management team, led by Fran Escribá, have chosen their list of players for LaLiga Matchday 1 against Granada CF that will be played this Saturday at the Nuevo Los Cármenes stadium (8:15pm CET).
The chosen 19 players are the following:
- Goalkeepers: Asenjo and Andrés Fernández.
- Defenders: Rukavina, José Ángel, Mario, Víctor Ruiz and Musacchio.
- Midfielders: N’Diaye, Bruno, Trigueros, Soriano, Castillejo, Rodri (number 35), Larrea (number 26) and Cantalapiedra (number 27).
- Strikers: Pato, Santos Borré, Sansone and Mario González (number 39).
- Soldado: Tear of anterior cruciate ligament and lateral meniscus in right knee.
- Bakambu: Severe bruising to vastus lateralis in right leg.
- Bonera: Muscle fibre tear of rectus femoris in left leg.
- Jonathan dos Santos: Muscle fibre tear of rectus femoris in left leg.
- Cheryshev: Recovering from surgery (17th May) to the rectus femoris tendon in his left leg.
- Jaume Costa: Micro muscle fibre tear of hamstring in left leg.
The Yellows will set out at 7pm this evening on a charter flight from Castellón Airport to Granada Airport. Once there, the Yellows will stay at the Hotel MA Nazaries Business & Spa. The return flight is expected to leave on Saturday night after the game against Granada CF.