The Villarreal CF management team, led by Marcelino García Toral, have chosen their list of players for the matches against FC Porto, this Saturday 6th August (10:30pm CET), and RC Deportivo de la Coruña on Tuesday 9th March (8:30pm CET).
The chosen 21 players are:
- Goalkeepers: Asenjo, Andrés and Barbosa.
- Defenders: Mario, Rukavina, Jaume Costa, José Ángel, N’Diaye, Bonera, Musacchio and Víctor Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Bruno, Trigueros, Jonathan dos Santos, Soriano, Samu Castillejo, Rodri and Cantalapiedra.
- Strikers: Soldado, Pato and Mario González.
- Cédric Bakambu: Severe bruising to his right, vastus lateralis.
- Denis Cheryshev: In the process of recovery after having a part of his left, anterior rectus femoris surgically repaired on 17th May.
- Leo Suárez: Severe bruising to his right ankle.
Travel plan and stay in Galicia:
The Yellows will set out at midday on a charter flight from the Aeropuerto de Castellón (1:15pm CET) to the Aeropuerto de Oporto. Once on Portuguese soil, Villarreal will stay at the Hotel Sheraton Porto Spa & Resort. On Saturday 6th August, the Submarine will play FC Porto at 10:30pm CET at the Do Dragao stadium. Once the friendly match has finished, the Yellows will travel by bus to Lugo and will stay in the Hotel Balneario de Guitiriz Spa & Resort.
On Sunday and Monday, the Villarreal CF First Team squad will train at the Ciudad Deportiva de Abegondo (7:00pm CET) to continue with their preseason training. Finally, on Tuesday 9th August the Submarine will face RC Deportivo de la Coruña at the Riazor stadium in the Trofeo Teresa Herrera tournament. The Yellows will fly back to Castellón on a charter flight once the match has finished.