The Submarine will debut this upcoming October in the spectacular ‘Premier League Internacional Cup U-21’, that has the main goal of enriching England's youth football by providing an international experience to their talents. Some of Europe's most powerful leagues are represented in this tournament that will see Villarreal taking part for the second time. The U21 already knows its rivals for the 2015-2016 edition. A team made out of a combination of players of Villarreal B, C and the U21 will face the challenge of representing Spanish football, along with Bilbao's Athletic Club.
The matches that Villarreal will play are:
- Wednesday, October 7th: Norwich City-Villarreal CF (7 pm).
- Tuesday, October 27th: PSV Eindhoven- Villarreal CF (7 pm).
- Tuesday, December 1st: Leicester City-Villarreal CF (7 pm).
Out of this group stage, each champion and second will opt to play the quarter finals and so on.
The rest of the teams that make up the group stage of the ‘Premier League International Cup U-21’ are:
- Group A: Chelsea, Liverpool, Celtic and Benfica.
- Group B: Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, Porto and Schalke.
- Group C: Norwich City, Leicester City, PSV Eindhoven and Villarreal.
- Group D: Manchester City, Sunderland, Athletic Club de Bilbao and Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The ‘Premier League Internacional Cup U-21’ is a tournament played by U18 to U21 footballers, taking place from August 19th until December 23rd 2015. Last season, Manchester City's young talents were the champions of the competition. For more information about the tournament, visit the following website: