Rukavina, Sansone and Jonathan dos Santos all played minutes for their national teams
The international break finished well for those Villarreal CF players that represented their countries, with 5 wins, 4 draws and only 2 defeats in 11 matches. In addition to Rukavina’s draw with Serbia against Wales, both Jonathan and Sansone got minutes for Mexico and Italy, respectively. Mexico drew 0-0 with Panama and Jonathan dos Santos started the match and played the full 90 minutes. For his part, Nicola Sansone played the last few minutes of Italy’s friendly against Germany that also finished in a goalless draw. Asenjo (Spain), Musacchio (Argentina) and Cédric Bakambu (Democratic Republic of the Congo) did not enter the field of play in their side’s fixtures.
The results for the Yellows on international duty are the following:
- Saturday 12th November: Spain-Macedonia (4-0).
- Tuesday 15th November: England-Spain (2-2).
- Friday 11th November: Brazil-Argentina (3-0).
- Wednesday 16th November: Argentina-Colombia (3-0).
- Saturday 12th November: Wales-Serbia (1-1).
- Tuesday 15th November: Ukraine-Serbia (2-0).
- Saturday 12th November: USA-Mexico (1-2).
- Wednesday 16th November: Panama-Mexico (0-0).
- Saturday 12th November: Liechtenstein-Italy (0-4).
- Tuesday 15th November: Italy-Germany (0-0).
Cédric Bakambu (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Sunday 13th November: Guinea-DR Congo (1-2).